Definition and Significance
A patent is granted for an invention which is a new product or process involving an inventive step and capable of industrial application. “New invention" means the subject matter has not fallen in public domain or that it does not form part of the state of the art; Inventive step is the feature(s) of the invention that involves technical advance as compared to the existing knowledge or having economic significance or both and that makes the invention not obvious to a person skilled in the art. Capable of Industrial application means that the invention is capable of being made or used in an industry.
- Patentability search/Novelty Search A preliminary search in patents domain to figure out to inspect if the invention is new and original before filing of the patents application by looking for the prior arts to improve litigation strength leading to better claims.
- Patent application drafting Provisional/Complete A detailed drafting of the patent claims its specification and drawings which will play a pivotal role in during the course of patents prosecution, maintenance and management.
- Patent application filing (India) Provisional/Complete A detailed drafting of the patent application will be conducted Along with its power of attorney and filing up of the patent under different patent filing applications segments under the Indian jurisdiction.
- Patent application filing (PCT/WIPO) Drafting of a well documented patent application will be provided along with its filing under International patent application under patent corporation treaty which is to be filed at Indian patent office and its filing up at World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Reply to examination report Conducting of a detailed hearing before the Examiner of Patents and Design, and a detailed presentation of evidences will be provided for the authenticity of the patent under circumstances of objection raised by the examiner.
- Request for publication etc. A well detailed document will be drafted as the publication brochure and the publication of the patent application after 18 months or after the date of filing or the date of priority will be conducted.
- Examination/expedited examination request/Request for patent Examination A chronicle application will be drafted as the request application for an examination or an expedited examination along with the submission of a first examination report (FER) till the acceptance of the application for the patent.
- Appearance in hearing etc. A detailed hearing will be conducted before the Examiner of patents and designs, and presentation of a well-documented evidences to comply with the authenticity of the patent under circumstances of objection by the examiner against the patent.
- Infringement suit An Infringement can occurs when another party makes, uses, or sells a patented item without permission, in case of an infringement a detailed assistance will be provided for the Infringement suit.